Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Great GBA State Meeting

Last weekend was the "spring" meeting of the Georgia Beekeepers Association.  In 2013, they barely had 120 people.  This year we had 240 registrants!

We have a fabulous president of the association now who had built up the numbers of local clubs and has encouraged each of them to join GBA.  We also have better ways to publicize it since the newsletter comes out every month and people seem to read it.  And we had a program that was really good.

Here is the slideshow. Bill Owens took five of the pictures (the wonderful ones). I put captions on them but if you don't click on the slideshow, you won't be able to see the caption saying that he took the five that he did. Thank you, Bill, for sharing them with me. We will also put this slide show in the GBA March newsletter.

 We had a great program with four keynote speakers: Cindy Bee, Erin MacGregor-Forbes, Gretchen LeBuhn, Ph.D., Jennifer Leavey, Ph.D. We had breakouts done by the keynotes as well as Bob Binnie, Julia Mahood, Jennifer Berry, me and other Georgia beekeepers.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, looks like everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...