Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Thursday, April 26, 2007

How to use the Wax Tube Fastener

After all my difficulties with the wax tube fastener, I figure I am not the only person to be challenged by its lack of directions.....although if I am, the rest of you can enjoy a good laugh at my expense.

Meanwhile to address the problem, I made a video of how to use the wax tube fastener. I forgot to say in the video that to release the wax from the tube, you slightly lift your thumb from the hole in the handle.

Here it is:

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Thanks for the video linda, it was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 PM

    Linda,

    This video is awesome. You are inspiring me to try this natural way of beekeeping. I definitely want to give it a shot at some point. Keep up the wonderful videos which are so much better than reading instructions for someone visual like me.

    Take care
    Annette from Placerville

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice "how to" video Linda and again thank you for sharing it with us n00bees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Lovely to visit you site again. Followed a link from the warré news group. Excellent piece on inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Great video, with clear commentary.
    Much appreciated.
    Especially helpful, for a beginner, like me.
    I now want to use starter strips and foundationless frames.
    It should help to reduce startup costs too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video & how to Linda. Also a very informative site. I was checking your blogs you like to visit list & indeed the Turkish ones have great pics. You might know already but Google has translation site that helps somewhat to understand the foriegn blogs:

    http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en#

    Cheers, David

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to Wayne - who left a comment that I by accident deleted. The answer to your question is that you can purchase a wax tube fastener from a number of bee supply companies. I got mine from Dadant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. William Collins has left a new comment on your post "How to use the Wax Tube Fastener":

    Where did you find a wax tube fastner???

    Ooops - it was William

    ReplyDelete
  9. Limey Beekeeper5:04 PM

    This is a nice little gadget - they are not sold in the UK, but I'm already thinking of ways to make one at home. Since this is really only a closed tube with an insulated handle, a nozzle and a hole it's easy to make. I can see that wax setting in it/cleaning the inside is hard unless the handle unscrews. It could be made to pick up more wax with a squeezy rubber bulb at the top too.
    Best wishes from A Limey Beekeeper.

    ReplyDelete

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...