Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Upcoming Honey of a Dinner

Every year Metro Atlanta Beekeepers has an auction to raise money for the club's projects.  For the last couple of years, I've offered as an auction item a "Honey of a Dinner" in which every menu item has honey as one of the ingredients.

This coming Saturday, the man who purchased the dinner at the auction is coming with five family members (his wife, his son and his son's wife, and his son's in-laws) to have this dinner at my house.  My daughter Sarah who likes to cook as well, is going to come over to help me cook and serve the dinner on Saturday.  She and I make what we call the "Over the Top Christmas Dinner" every year for our families on Christmas Eve, so we have often cooked together and she has great ideas about food, so I'm thrilled she is coming to be with me.

I'm starting to work on the dinner today.  I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday to buy some of the ingredients.  Also yesterday I made homemade chicken stock for the soup and today I'll make the ice cream for the dessert item.  And I might go ahead and make the rolls and/or the profiteroles ahead of time and freeze them.   So since it's on my mind, I thought I'd share the menu with all of you:


Honey of a Dinner Menu   

Appetizer:  

            Flatbreads with Honey, Thyme and Sea Salt
Soup:
            Spring Pea Soup with Cream
Entrée:  
            Honey Lemon Thyme Cornish Game Hens with
         Wild Rice and Asparagus Ribbons

Salad:  
            Butter Lettuce Salad With Honey Champagne Vinaigrette

Bread:  
            Canadian Buttermilk Honey Rolls
Dessert:
            Profiteroles with Honey Lavender Ice Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...