Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Phase two of honey harvest helpers today


I found an Internet site with a suggestion for individual honey filtering.


We set up pairs of two pint jars. The first jar is empty and has paint filter covering the top. Then the brass ring is screwed on to hold the paint filter on the jar.
The second jar is filled with the crushed honey comb and honey. This one was quite sticky so we had to wipe the outside of the jar to clean it up. The brass ring was put on this jar without the top.


The empty jar is placed on top of the full jar, brass ring to brass ring, and the whole contraption is taped together with duct tape (another use for duct tape!). Then the pair of jars is turned so that the full jar is on top and the honey begins to filter into the jar below.


Gabe has just turned his jar over....we'll see how the honey flows. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...