Welcome - Explore my Blog

There are over 1170 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here. Along the way, I've passed a number of certification levels and am now a Master Beekeeper! Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.


Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper.

Want to Pin this post?

Monday, September 11, 2006

Results of honey hourglass experiment

The honey in my hourglass device took a full week to filter through to the jar below. Even at that there was still some honey remaining in the wax (more than usual in crush and strain). I added the wax to a large bucket of crush and strain from the same super to allow the rest of the honey to filter.

I don't know what the problem was in the slow speed. I put the jar outside in the heat; I used a cloth paint filter; I crushed the wax well. The web page says not to use cloth like cheese cloth to filter this, but a paint filter is designed to filter paint.

Next year I'll try to find mosquito netting as the web page originator suggested. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...