Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

My Honey Label for 2011

This year since I have honey for the first time in three years, I decided to spend the big bucks and paid $9.99 (I'm not kidding) for 144 of these gorgeous labels. My friend George (a fellow Atlanta beekeeper and now a new neighbor - he lives about a block from my new house) turned me on to these through his blog post about his labels.



I took the photo of the bee on the butterfly weed - I love the way it looks against the golden honey - maybe I'll use a different picture every year! Anyway the labels came from Colorado and the only disadvantage is that they were shipped on August 25 and didn't arrive in my mailbox until today - almost two weeks later.

I don't get why it takes that long to get to here from Colorado - but apparently they went by pony express or some other snail method.  Seriously, I get no mail of any importance except for Netflix movies - all bills are via computer - so how could the Post Office be so slow when surely in this digital age, they have much less to do?  Spoken, of course, with the voice of impatience that I have felt every day since about the 28th of August.



Here's an up close look at the label.



And here are my pretty little jars that I gave to all my book club friends at book club tonight. (We read The Glass Castle, a memoir about a little girl who grew up starving most of her life, so I guess I wanted to feed the book club since the book's subject was so hungry the whole length of the story.)



Note:  Why Google is a good company:  I have Google ads on this blog - it's a lot of work to keep it up and the occasional click brings a few dollars to my bank account over the year.
         A few months ago I wrote and complained that the ads they put on my site were all about getting rid of bees, poisoning them and such.  I said I was a beekeeper and the people visiting my site LIKE bees, so it seemed counterproductive to put Kill-the-bees ads on my site.  Suddenly about a month ago, the bad-for-bees ads disappeared and new supportive of the bees ads appeared (in addition to others for other subjects).  Yay, Google!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Yay Google! I use Google as a verb: "Have you Googled anything today?"
    Thanks for talking to them, I thought it was very strange when I saw the ads for exterminating bees.
    Anna in MD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your labels look great and thanks for mentioning my blog, http://beesurprised.blogspot.com/ Today I had a four fold increase in traffic and most of this is coming from your popular blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:17 AM

    The postal service the world over has never been known to be "as busy as bees"......(sorry I just had to say that;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your labels - what a fabulous photo! Unfortunately here in UK we're not allowed to show a flower unless the honey is made exclusively from that flower.

    ReplyDelete

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...