- In January, I spoke to the NE GA Mountain Beekeepers and gave another talk to a ladies' lunch group in Marietta.
- In February, I gave a talk on Wax: Fun and Facts at the GBA Spring Meeting and I spoke to the Ogeechee Beekeepers in Statesboro, Ga.
- In March, I said no to all invitations because my daughter was having a baby in the middle of the month.
This month coming up (April), I made commitments without really studying my calendar and I have one week which is crammed with three bee talks.
- On April 9, I am speaking to the Pickens County South Carolina Bee Club about "Letting your Bees Go Naked," a talk about using foundationless frames.
- On April 13, I am speaking to the Coweta County beekeepers on "Simple Beekeeping: Low Tech Ways to make your Beekeeping Life Easier"
- On April 16, I am speaking in Charlotte, NC at the Mecklenburg County Beekeepers Association on "Simple Ways to use Ordinary Household Objects to Make your Beekeeping Easier."
If you are in the area of any of these, please come and join us!
What I didn't add to this crazy April schedule is that I am driving from Pickens to Charleston, SC for a wedding on Friday and Saturday. I'll drive back to Atlanta on Sunday before going to Newnan on Monday to speak to Coweta. Absolute bee-craziness.
I will probably give other talks as the year goes on, but after that for the moment I am only scheduled to speak to Tara Beekeepers in September and to a garden club in November.
I love to talk to beekeepers and garden clubs, but doing three talks in seven days with an out of town wedding in between, was poor planning on my part.